Episode 03 - Advanced Painting
Section: Fresh Paint news from the hobby
New releases announcements from Revell - include:
New paints from Tamiya - paint bottles containing lacquers!
Section: Workbench - what are we working on now
13th Annual 24 Hour Model Build (get facebook link)
- January 26-27 2019. Build a kit starting at noon EST in one consecutive 24 hour period, during the running of the 24 hours of Daytona https://www.facebook.com/groups/1789464754418311/
Section: Box Stock - the theme of the day - Airbrushing
John’s set up pictures:
John’s Ford - spray painted with no primer!
- Norbie Method (attribution link?) or TSC (Thin Soft Close)
Norbie Method a.k.a. T.S.C. Thin, Soft, Close.
- Thin - your paint to the consistency of milk.
- Soft - drop your air pressure to 10 to 15 PSI.
- Close - Hold your airbrush close - only one inch from the surface that's being painted.
John's reducer - Nason Ful-Base 441-20
Go slowly and cover all of the model!
Website: Model Car Podcast
Facebook: Model Car Podcast - Home | Facebook