Section: Fresh Paint news from the hobby
What is polishing?
- Why sanding and polishing
- Wet sanding
- Chemical polishes
* wet / dry * grits * micromesh * sanding pads * sanding sticks
* Novus * Mequires * Tamiya * Other Auto Products * Systems?
* Preferences * Soft cotton * microfibre (can tire) * make sure clean * washing vs disposing?
Prep / Intermediate Costs
* What is the process? * Sand primer coats (what grit I use 2000) * Always use wet * Sand intermediate paint coats * Both metallic and regular paint * Very softly for metaliic? * Do not sand finish coats of metallic paint or intermediate coats of clear unless gently fixing small blemishes and dust spots
* Process * Wet sand - use warm water and soap * Sand in different direction for each different grit * Tape off sharp corners / trim pieces to avoid burnthrough * Knock off all shine in the paint before moving on to the next higher grit. * When sanding complete, what products do you use? * JT - Novus 2 -> Novus 1 * Waxes and Finishes?
* cutting through paint from oversanding
* What steps can be skipped for a quicker build?
hct728(Bob) - How about painting, e.g. the Norbie method as applied to acrylic (water-based), enamel or lacquer paint, and suggested thinners, proportions, time before recoat (one minute, five minutes...), drying hints…
hct728(Bob) - How about finished paint polishing products and methods, removing dust and fuzz..
Section: Closing Shoutouts
Pat Redmond - A short review on the previous show, give us rattlecan/auto paint guys a bit of attention (LOL), ..... just keep on doing what you're doing...... NM